Danger! Beware!

Today we had a mysterious box delivered to Room 16 after morning tea.  It had danger stickers all over it!  Trena had to carry it over from the office using special protective gloves and tongs.  We drew a safety circle around the box and had a big discussion about what was in the box and what might happen if we opened it.

Some of the suggestions that students made were a cat, baby lion, baby tiger, baby alligator, sand cat, dinosaur, Nibbles the guinea pig, alarm clock, crab, big bad wolf, hedgehog, bat, Easter bunny, bomb, Easter egg, racoon, tarantula, zombie, porcupine and a baby unicorn!



Everyone then wrote what they thought the mysterious creature could be.  

I think it is a hedgehog.  It will pop out of the box.  It is going to eat the box.  It is going to scratch all of us.  Boston

I think it is a hedgehog and it is in the box because it is wild.  Darius

I think it might be a porcupine.  That's what I think because of the scratch marks.  Kymani

Today something very special came from the office.  Trena brought it in.  It looks very dangerous that we had to put a danger line.  I think it's a hedgehog because it is a very small box!  Eesha

I think it is a zombie with switch eyes and he has minions.  When you open it will follow you slowly.  Ma'ana

We got a box today at writing time.  It might be an animal.  It might not be an animal.  I think it might be a tarantula.  The colours might be brown and black and it might be furry too.  It is wild and dangerous.  If it goes to me I will tame it so it can attack people.  Blake

Today my class got a box.  I think there is a vampire bat in it.  The box had scratches on it.  When you open it, it will fly around.  Noah

Today my class got handed a box that said "danger, wild animal."  The box had scratch marks all over it and we had no idea what animal it was and we heard a noise coming from the box.  I think it is a guinea pig because the box is pretty small.  Maddison

Our class got sent a box that said on it DANGER, WILD ANIMAL.  On the other side, it said BEWARE WELL...JUST BEWARE.  I wonder what it will be.  Some people think it's a snake.  It's got scratches on it so I don't know why people think it's a snake.  At the top of the box, it had a skull with crossbones on it.  To be honest I don't know what it is.  Te Arawa

In the office Trena heard a noise.  She maybe made a trap for it and put some food in it.  It might be a mouse or a little baby lion inside and maybe some food.  I just want to look at it.  I don't know what's there.  I don't know what's in there.  It maybe was hiding in the bushes.  Numi

I think there is going to be a baby lion and a scary lion.  I think the colour is going to be a weird yellow and a weird orange.  I think that it will be fluffy and not least it will be wild.  I think.  Shika

Today something very special came from the office.  I think it is a sand cat because it has a nest and it is a little box.  It has a tail and it has sand in it.  It has something shiny on the tail.  Ruby

I think it is a dog and I want my mum because I am scared.  Fonofili

The fox came out of the box.  He killed all of the kids.  I ran away back home.  David

The animal is a savage racoon and it is very dangerous.  Amelia

In the little box I think it is a little bat and I think someone got the little bat from a cafe.  A person sent it to our classroom and everyone in the classroom is talking about it and I like bats.  Mackenzie

At school our office school lady she got a box from someone.  She dropped the box off to the classroom.  Everybody was scared.  The teacher put a line around the danger box and also told everybody to stay back.  At the end of writing time we are gonna open the box.  I think there is a chocolate easter bunny in the box.  The teacher heard a sound.  I said, "I think there is a phone making a bunny sound."  Miaz













After everyone had finished writing we had some brave volunteers who opened the box very carefully so we could discover what was inside.






Thank goodness it was just a cute, fluffy chick so we weren't in any danger at all!






Comments

  1. Oh wow Room 16 - fabulous writing about what could have been in the box!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment